November 10, 2005

Web 2.0 frameworks

Since I intend to start a revamp on Open LusiMed and change it's code to something Web 2.0, and, being somewhat of a language agnostic, I google'd on every type of web 2.0 frameworks I've found. So, there's Django TurboGears, Rails, RIFE, Link and Catalyst. If you know of more, please tell me...

RIFE and Link are both Java-based, which is not good for Web 2.0. Django has one cool feature TurboGears hasn't, but TurboGears is more headed to be a stable framework than Django. Django's out. Melo convinced me that Rails is better than Catalyst, so...

There's TurboGears and Rails. Besides I don't liking the idea of everything being an object (the only thing I don't like about Ruby), it seems that Rails sucks on scaling. I'm somewhat tight in a decision between the two frameworks and I think that we only will know what's the best choice in a year or so. Although, it seems that using TurboGears has more advantages than using Rails.

Oh, and WASP just... sucks. I'll add further thoughts soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment