Hi there... My name is Marcos Daniel Marado Torres, but I'm often known in the Internet by the handle of Mind Booster Noori. I was born in the Yule day of 1982 in Lamego - Portugal. I'm an Informatics Engineer since July of 2005.
While in 2005 I moved my web presence here, now I have another website, with another blog.
April 27, 2007
You know you're getting old when...
You decide to do a small python script to do something you could do using find and pax.
import os for file in os.listdir("."): if file.startswith("3.x"): os.rename(file,"x"+file[2:])
(This changes the filename of all files from the current directory from "3.x*" to "x*").
Python?! find?! pax?! Dasse... Shell script à homem!!!:
ReplyDeletefor f in 3.x*
do
t=`echo $f | cut -c3-`
mv $f $t
done
-- MV
How old are you? ;-)
ReplyDeletehow do you actually do it using pax and find?
ReplyDelete