Euronode released a web site which allows users to build pre-configured Debian GNU/Linux servers, tailor-made for their exact needs. Users can follow a simple web-based wizard to choose services (web, mail, database, samba, etc.), and options. Once done, the web site will generate a bootable .iso image, with all configuration and server parameters already set up.
- Latest Linux kernel 2.6.13 / i586 optimized
- Debian Sarge system with last security updates
- Recent hardware support : SCSI, S-ATA, Hardware RAID, Gigabit Ethernet, etc.
- Software RAID and LVM 2 ready
- XFS filesystem with Access Control Lists
- Encrypted partitions with AES_i586 cipher
- Hardware auto-detection
- Automatic installation
- Ready to serve on first reboot
- Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.3.10, Awstats 6.4, Mod-SSL 2.8.22, Mod-Perl 126.96.36.199
- Postfix 2.1.5, Clamav 0.84, Spam Assassin 3.0.3, Fetchmail 6.2.5
- Mysql 4.0.24, PHPMyadmin 2.6.2
- Proftpd 1.2.10
- Samba 3.0.14
- PhpGroupWare 0.9.16
- OpenSSH 3.8.1, Webmin 1.180
- Most popular Unix tools : vim 6.3, mc 4.6.0, gcc 3.3.5, perl 5.8.4, python 2.3.5, ruby 1.8.2, nmap 3.81, screen 4.0.2 ...
- You have to pay for the service
- It's only server-oriented, they should do the same for desktop-oriented software
BTW, I've tried to post this several times and you even may have noticed that my blog was with some weird problems lately. Seems that I was affected by this bug, and I'm starting to comprehend why so many people say that Blogger sucks. Maybe I'll migrate from blogger to any other place in some time...