What you wouldn't except (would you?) is that they would expose how much they don't care about their users and that they don't know what the word 'privacy' means, and this in the form of having publicly available information of all their users' search habbits online. Yes, that includes what kind of porn you prefer.
I could write more about this, but more than my usual 'AOL sucks' and stuff ;-) I'll just point you to some people who wrote about this stuff:
- Big Mouth
- Ben Metcalfe
- One of the hundreds of mirrors of the published info
- Yes, I think you should boycott AOL
- Silliconbeat had the story;
- which was obviously digg'd...
- and reddit'ed.
- Wondering what can you do with such data?
- and more
- ...and more
- and more.
You should sick about this thing for now, so take this on a try to persuade yourself of trashing on all those megs of private info...