September 05, 2006

Dystopian tech views

Evil GoogleOne of the tech-o-sophical discussions I had on BarCamp (and that ended as being something almost like a lecture) was about me showing my "dystopian tech views", and ended with me recommending the reading of books like 1984, We and Fahrenheit 451. The argue started with me saying that Google was far away from their "do no evil" motto, and that, despite all the hype they still have, they're, for a while now, stopped to really give the technologic world good new stuff. But, while talking about that kind of stuff, I always feel "alone", and others allways look like way-to-optimistic to me. Well, now I've found that I'm not the only one with this kind of vision, and all because you can only think dystopicly when you hear about Google creating eavesdropping software.

No comments:

Post a Comment