December 11, 2006

Traveling by Train


I always loved traveling by train: I have that peaceful feeling that nothing matters - I'm there until the time runs out, and I'm there all by myself. Peace. One of the things I like to do when I'm on a train is to fiddle with my laptop. Stuff like finally setting it up to suspend with all the data encrypted to disk, trying to use The GIMP (I suck on graphics editing) to create some artwork for a CD, or coding and getting some open source project to have another release. It's particularly fun to watch the reaction of others on the train. It's cool to see that people find it boring when I'm coding, amused when they notice I'm listening to neo-classical music, and awed when I'm doing some GL Magic... It's cool to use Linux :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment