May 04, 2007

More on the HD-DVD and BluRay enc. key

No, I didn't trip over or coded a random string generator to get the string that this article avoids to say: 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0 . This is not an act of freedom of speech. That is not a random string.

09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0 is a key that is used circumvent digital rights management (DRM) technology on HD-DVD discs. An AACS executive said it was looking at "legal and technical tools" to confront those who published the key, and since I did, and am doing again, now I say "come and get me". See, you still want to "prevent the leak of the key", but it has already leaked, there's no way back. As someone said, trying to take this string out of the internet is the same as trying to take a piss out of a pool. AACS claims that

"But a line is crossed when we start seeing keys being distributed and tools for circumvention. You step outside of the realm of protected free speech then."


I'm sorry, but I'm not distributing no key nor tool. I'm saying that the string 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0 can be used to crack your stupid and defective technology.

So what now, you want to sue me? Come and get me.

1 comment:

  1. That's definitly it. I'm starting to see this as some protest shout against the corporate pressure on the Internet. Anyone who is somewhat concerned about this issue, have "The Key" on his blog. If I got time, maybe I'll do it so, on my blog.

    PS: As far as I remember, we have already a domain name registered, a song, and countless posts about "The Key". I wonder when this fever will hit the screens on some blockbuster video. Of course, featuring some DRM. xD

    ReplyDelete