March 13, 2008

Choosing a cellphone 2008

It's time again: two years ago I choose which computer I would carry all the time would be, and now it's time to choose a cellphone again.

This time, and after a really quick grep, I came out with this possibilities:


Motorola E1000 - UMTS 2100, Bluetooth v1.1
Motorola E1070 - UMTS 2100, Bluetooth v1.2 with A2DP
Motorola V3XX - HSDPA 850 / 1900
Motorola K3 - HSDPA 2100


If you have any experience or thoughts about any of this cellphones, please leave me a comment. I'm particulary interested in knowing

  • how does it behaves while being used as a modem, via bluetooth
  • how does it's embeded browsers behaves,
  • how does Opera Mini behaves there
Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Sei que não faz parte da lista mas comprei um telemóvel a semana passada e estou extremamente satisfeito com ele: o HTC TyTN II - p4550 - Kaiser.

    http://lms.ispgaya.pt/index.php?id=1189

    Hugz,
    Luís

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, but I'm not interested in having Windows Mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 PM

    I have a friend with V3xx and she couldn't bare it, she bought a new nokia in a few months...

    And I know you have a good experience with Motorola phones, but everyone I know, doesn't like it (except for some friends with the pink V3i, just because it's cute). The battery is the major problem reported to me.

    I have a really good experience with nokia devices, and they're not that expensive (if you do not go for those portable media centers like N96 or so...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALcides: is your friend discontent with V3XX only battery issues? Or is there something else? All reviews I've seen tell a lot of nice things about it, so I was thinking of choosing that one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:44 PM

    Off-topic: http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

    I haven't seen it yet, but apparently it's a must-see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the movie link: it seems insteresting and worth seeing, so I'm downloading it.

    ReplyDelete