September 03, 2007

SLTalker is out now!

One thing I've decided to this weekend was that I wouldn't have "dead times", so everytime when the presentations were not that interesting, or if I thought I could listen to it and do something at the same time I was with my laptop managing some stuff or coding on SLTalker, my project that aimed to create a talker interface for Second Life. When I realized that there were so many talks to be done that there would be no time to do the Hack Hour activity I was hoping to see there, and since, unfortunately, the rooms where presentations were given were really hot, I also skipped some presentations, giving me the time to finish SLTalker's "first release", meaning that nowadays you can actually connect into SLTalker.

So, that's it - enjoy, and remember you can allways chat with me there (.tell Noori Foss hi there!), and please report any bug that you find.

Next step, besides fixing SLTalker bugs, is trying to close these bugs on Debian, which will greatly help me to enhance SLTalker.

Oh, and please go easy on the server, SLTalker uses lots of resources and the server where I'm running this is quite slow for the job... Of course you can allways offer me a better place to host SLTalker, but I would need to have root access to it and it must be a Debian box, so I don't really think that there's someone willing to provide me a better host than this one :-)

7 comments:

  1. password is echoed back, which is bad..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that one is already on the bug tracking system, but thanks for the comment anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried yesterday, and it went bonkers on me... letters flying around in the telnet screen after I logged on. I was making a screenshot when I noticed a recurring mention of a custom hud for extra gestures.

    During lunch time I'll disable that hud and try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, if disabeling that hud fixes the problem, can you please tell me more about the hud and provide me a log of the output?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. removing the hud fixed it.

    it's the HelloMultiTool-v6.

    here's the print screen I mentioned:

    http://freelancesamurai.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/oh_noes.png

    if you want the whole log I'll sent it to your email later this afternoon.


    (oh, I'll search the bug track, but .balance returned 0L, which is not true)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The balance bug is weird... I'll have to check it out later. The HelloMultiTool-v6 problem is, it seems, that that tool replaces (or overrides) the standard communication methods. I'll have to try it out, do you know where to get one of those things?

    I'll create two new more bugs in the bug tracking system with these two...

    ReplyDelete
  7. someone gave it to me, so it's transferable. (btw, i've seen people with more recent versions of it, so this might not even be such a huge problem) I'll send you the logs today (promiss!) and since my SL name is in there feel free to add me as a friend, I'll transfer you the hud.

    ReplyDelete