October 01, 2007

New home - now home


I told you before that I bought an appartment in Lisbon, and since then I've been quite busy managing my time to handle all the bureocracy regarding having a new residence, including getting it habbitable (water and light are simple, but having to deal with Lisbon's gas company, Lisboagas, is painful... and I'm still not over with them), and go though all the documents regarding the change (like changing the residence in the identity card, or on the voter's card). In both those cases there are some things quite shocking, like the fact that the rules to how to get the new card change from place to place: so a lesson learned was: if you're doing some paperwork and all the sudden you're facing a situation that makes no sense, if you're able to do that paperwork somewhere else then do it: you're probably will face a new set of rules, and possible manage to reach your goal easily. It's also funny to see everyone and everywhere saying stuff like "but you can and should do that online!"... The thing is: from all the stuff I tried to do online, I only managed to do one (changing the fiscal residence, which was a surprisingly painless process). Well, maybe I'm too dumb and don't know how to use the Internet... Finaly, friday at the end of the day I got my mattress, so I didn't wait more and just went to buy all the sheets and stuff like that needed to have my first night of sleep in my new mattress, bed, home. Now, sunday night, I still have loads of things to do before going to sleep and I'm exhausted. But it was a preety cool weekend: finaly I feel at home, and I'm happy with it.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 AM

    Congrats on your new home. Regarding Lisboagas, I too had to deal with them recently. Having them visit my home three times, to do the same thing, and charging almost 40 euros per visit!, just to measure CO levels was outrageous. On top of that, in the first visit I had my gas supply cut because of "safety conditions". The funny thing is that we are talking about a 7 year old building, which had people living there during all that period, and there were never any problems what soever. Well, this was just to say I hope you have better luck with them then I had...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. My experience with Lisboagas is simmilar to yourse (even if the saga isn't over yet)... Last time they went there, since there was no reason whatsoever that they could call to go there again (and get yet another almost 40€ bill), they decided that I had to change my kitchen's furniture so that you could reach one useless valve in a "more accessible" way... Grrm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me about it.... All other services went fine, but Lisboagas seems to think my (recently built) building doesn't exist...
    Oh well... a cold shower never killed anyone.

    ReplyDelete