WARNING: In this post I bash Micro$osft, since they suck, and, besides, they really really suck. Oh, they SO suck!
- Microsoft has pushed back the beta Test of their upcoming Internet Explorer 7, which was expected to be released today.
- The XBox 360 apparently has heat issues and is crashing a lot for some users.
- Microsoft is losing quite some money with each XBox 360 unit sold - they are aggressively trying to obtain market share.
- "Vista" was stripped of all the interesting features, apparently all that is left is a prettier UI with tons of effects (and requring a DirectX 9 capable graphics board).
- "Windows Live" and "Office Live" (which are neither Windows nor Office) don't live up to their names either: They are just web-based add-ons, even supporting Firefox, and offering pretty much the same as Yahoo and other portals do as well as an online version of SharePoint.
- The new office version of Microsoft fancies again mostly a new UI, that will be very different and probably confuse users a lot (especially if they have to alternate between office versions); Microsoft also has the reputation of breaking it's own file format again and again; the new office will use an incompatible file format again. The UI also doesn't help people to give their documents a more semantic meaning (for efficient processing by automatic tools such as desktop search engines), but will be more visually-oriented than ever (i.e. styles such as "headline" which do add a semantic meaning are degraded as "quick styles", whereas the bold- and underline buttons are more prominent than ever - good bye, corporate design!)
- The WiFi network at Microsoft is now powered by Linux